Orthodontic technologies, including braces, are more advanced than ever before. We use self-ligating technology, which improves upon traditional or twin brackets by replacing elastics with specialized clips. As a result, they are more comfortable, work more efficiently, and require fewer appointments than braces of the past. Braces come in a variety of styles, materials, and colors to complement your personality and lifestyle. We use two different kinds of self-ligating braces: metal braces and ceramic braces, which use clear, stain-resistant brackets to transform your smile discreetly. Both types of braces effectively align teeth, correct bites, and deliver lasting health benefits.
Treatment length with braces varies considerably from person to person. There are many contributing factors, including what needs to be corrected and the patient’s willingness to properly use and care for their appliances. While one patient may only need braces for 12 months, another could need them for 24 months. However, no matter your treatment length, rest assured that your braces are hard at work—transforming and aligning your smile for an incredible result.
Braces at any age
If you think braces are only for kids, think again! The American Association of Orthodontists (AAO) reports that one in four orthodontic patients is an adult. In the past 30 years, the number of adults getting braces has risen 24% according to the Los Angeles Times. The AAO also indicates that 75% of adults experienced improvements in their career or personal relationships after getting braces.
Aligned teeth and a proper bite can transform your health and confidence at any age. Some important reasons to consider braces include:
- Teeth that are crowded or spaced apart can lead to both tooth decay and gum disease.
- A bad bite or malocclusion causes teeth to fit together poorly. This can lead to bad oral health problems as well as issues that are problematic for everyday life, like eating and brushing your teeth.
- Misaligned teeth can cause jaw pain and pressure.
- Poor teeth alignment has been linked to headaches, ear pain, TMJ disorders, and even digestive problems.
- Orthodontic problems can lead to low self-esteem, a lack of confidence, and insecurity. Everyone deserves to feel confident when they smile!
Neglecting to obtain orthodontic treatment for crooked teeth can lead to more problems down the road. So, whether you’re looking for more confidence or better oral and overall health, schedule an exam with our office. You deserve to look and feel your very best—let our team of experts help! Together we’ll determine which braces option is best suited for you.